Safari American Mastodon
- THE OLD MAMMUT – Though similar in appearance to the woolly mammoth, the American mastodon is not closely related. The mastodons split from the other members of the order Proboscidea around 25 million years ago. The most well-known of these beasts was the American mastodon, which was the last of the group to go extinct about 11,000 years ago.
- ELEPHANTS LITTLE COUSINS – Mastodons were not as large as most mammoths or even modern-day elephants, and were not as widespread. While most mastodons went extinct along with other “megafauna” around 11,000 or 10,000 years ago, it’s believed that small pockets of these animals may have survived up until as recently as 4,000 years ago.
- MADE WITH INDUSTRY–LEADING STANDARDS – Like all Safari Ltd products, this figurine has been individually hand painted, features quality construction from phthalate and lead–free materials, and includes an educational hang tag in 5 languages.
- REALISTIC APPEARANCE FOR MULTIPLE USES – Realistic, educational, and fun, this figurine is suitable for a range of interests, including collectors, enthusiasts, teachers, and kids. Admire it on a shelf, use it in the classroom, or simply enjoy playing with it.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS – American mastodon figure measures 8 inches long and 4 ½ inches tall to the tip of its raised trunk. Its fur is a light brown, with a darker brown for the tip of its tail and features light cream-colored tusks. Non-toxic and BPA free.